This is YOUR key to a smooth recruitment drive
They embark on a recruitment drive, get the best candidate in no time and they never face legal comebacks.
Well wonder no more. Today, we’ll tell you how they’ve mastered the art of recruitment. It’s because they have one important thing in place and it’s their key to a smooth recruitment drive.
Read on to find out what it is so you can also achieve success when recruiting.
Revealed: The key a smooth recruitment drive
Control the way you do recruitment in your company. It will document your rules and procedures and eliminate unfairness, favouritism and unsuitable candidates;
Choose the best candidates who qualify for the position; and
Make sure all your recruitment processes are legally compliant. This means, there will be no nasty comebacks from the CCMA or disgruntled in-house employees!
*********** Recommended Product ************
The A-Z of legal recruitment
Did you know there are 11 legal requirements for recruitment?
Do you know how the Employment Equity Act affects your job advertisement?
Do you know what checks you can legally conduct on an applicant?
Are you sure your employment contract includes the 16 clauses the law says you must have?
For your recruitment and selection policy to be effective, you must ensure it includes the following:
Who the policy applies to and who has authority to change it (application and authority);
Legal requirements you must comply with;
The type of position you need to recruit for (classification of position);
How you’ll advertise the vacancy (search process);
The type of interview process (applicant selection);
The reference and background checks you’ll conduct;
How to offer candidates the position;
How to inform unsuccessful applicants; and
Appointing internal applicants.
Bottom line: If you spell everything out in writing, your recruitment process will go according to plan. For more info on a recruitment and selection policy, check out the Labour Law for Managers Loose Leaf Service. It will show you exactly how to draft your policy.
- » Drafting your recruitment and selection policy? Include these four items to make sure it’s legally compliant
- » Cut your recruitment time in half! Ask job candidates these five questions before they come for an interview
- » Recruiting? Here are the two records you must keep private
- » Not sure which recruitment method to use? Consider these six external recruitment options
- » Cut your recruitment time in half! Use these four methods to pick a great CV in minutes
- » When last did you see a job advert that caught your eye? So why would you use one that wouldn't attract the best employee?
- » Don't pay up to R2.7 million because you didn't hire someone 'by the book'!
- » You could miss the perfect employee because you made one of these 10 mistakes!
- » To create a successful job advertisement, consider these six points
- » To write the perfect job ad, you first need a job description for the position you’re hiring for. Here’s what to include in it