Use these two tips to conduct successful telephonic interviews
If you have a lot of applicants and need to narrow the list down, they come in handy.
With them, you’ll be able to cut your recruitment time in half by eliminating unlikely candidates and quickly seeing the more impressive ones.
But how do you ensure you get the most from these interviews?
Use the following two tips to conduct successful telephonic interviews.
******* Recommended Product ********
Discover everything you need to know to make the right decision every time. Find out about the applicant’s strengths, areas for improvement, ideals and commitment with these specific questions – all set out in an easy-to-follow checklist. You’ll have no doubts about the person’s ability!
Ensure your telephonic interviews are a success by using these two useful tips
#1: Prepare thoroughly
Experts behind the Labour Law for Managers Loose Leaf Service say just because you’re conducting telephonic interviews doesn’t mean you must skimp on preparation. You must prepare like you would for a face-to-face interview.
Make sure you have your interview questions ready. Being prepared also means you’ll avoid unfair discrimination claims as it’s unlikely you’ll slip up and ask discriminatory questions.
In addition, if you prepare well, the candidate will see that you’re serious and conduct yourself in a professional manner. He’ll give his best and will be more keen to pursue the opportunity.
#2: Listen carefully and show you’re engaged
This may seem trivial, but it’s not.
The absence of body language and eye contact makes telephonic interviews challenging. That’s why you must listen carefully and show you’re engaged.
In fact, according to financialexecutives.org, when it comes to telephonic interviews, even brief remarks such as “Yes” or “I see” can let the person know you’re paying close attention.
The site adds, during a phone conversation, it can be difficult to tell whose turn it is to speak, so wait a beat or two before asking the next question or offering a comment. This will help ensure there isn’t any confusion.
Using these two tips will help you conduct successful telephonic interviews. Be sure to check out this article. It contains more tips to apply when you conduct telephonic interviews.
- » Drafting your recruitment and selection policy? Include these four items to make sure it’s legally compliant
- » Cut your recruitment time in half! Ask job candidates these five questions before they come for an interview
- » Not sure which recruitment method to use? Consider these six external recruitment options
- » Cut your recruitment time in half! Use these four methods to pick a great CV in minutes
- » Recruitment 101: Six tips to help you get the most out of personal reference checks
- » When last did you see a job advert that caught your eye? So why would you use one that wouldn't attract the best employee?
- » Don't pay up to R2.7 million because you didn't hire someone 'by the book'!
- » You could miss the perfect employee because you made one of these 10 mistakes!
- » To create a successful job advertisement, consider these six points
- » To write the perfect job ad, you first need a job description for the position you’re hiring for. Here’s what to include in it