Labour and HR Club Q&A
"RETRENCHMENT/ CLOSING BUSINESS"
I JUST WANTED TO CLEAR UP THAT IF WE HAVE TO VACATE THE PREMISES AT THE END OF THE MONTH IE +- 3 WEEKS TIME - THE BUSINESS IS CLOSING DOWN IE CANT PAY RENT - HAPPY TO PAY A SEVERENCE PACKAGE PLUS LEAVE PAY AND DAYS WORKED TO END OF THE MONTH.
WOULD AN EMPLOYEE STILL BE ABLE TO GO TO THE CCMA AND CLAIM UNFAIR DISMISSAL.
BY CLOSING THE BUSINESS AND NOT TRADING ANYMORE IS THAT NOT SUFFICIENT TO EXPLAIN TO 3 WORKERS THE BUSINESS IS CLOSING - THERE ARE NO "ALTERNATIVES " WE HAVE BEEN EVICTED..
BASICALLY COMPANY IS BANKRUPT.
IE WHAT IM ASKING WOULD IT BE FAIR TO PAY ONE WEEKS WAGES PER YEAR WORKED , ANY OUTSTANDING LEAVE PAY , ANY DAYS WORKED TILL THE COMPANY CLOSES DOWN. IE END OF THE MONTH.
User ROBBO1 asked at 15 May. 2013
Other questions about CCMA
- » Not dismissed but not working either [1 answer]
- » Settlement unpaid and undue debt created by employer for employee [1 answer]
- » Witness giving an opinion during arbitration [1 answer]
- » Questioning witnesses during arbitration hearing [1 answer]
- » Do you have a tip on how to prepare for a ccma case? [1 answer]