Acceptance of Labour and HR Club Rules
These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use of the Labour and HR Club (the Board), which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Board means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The Labour and HR Club is a site operated by Fleet Street Publications (Pty) Limited. We are incorporated in South Africa under company number 1999/019170/07 and we have our registered office at Fern Glen, Fernridge Office Parkm 5 Hunter Street, Ferndale, Randburg, 2194. Our main trading address is Office S5, 2nd Floor Northlands Corner Newmarket Street Northriding 2169.
- We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any contribution submitted to the Board (Contribution) and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Board by any person in contravention of these Rules.
- We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights, or in breach of or contrary to the spirit of these Rules.
Submission of Contributions
- To add a Contribution, you must have opened an account and be registered as a member. You must not create multiple identities. Any user found to have multiple identities will be removed from our website permanently.
- Your user name will appear as part of your Contribution when published. Your user name and password must only be used by you. If a posting is made using your name and password it will be considered to have been posted by you.
- The details you supply and all messages are recorded and kept, including your originating IP address. We may be required to disclose this information to regulatory authorities or similar third parties.
- These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. Fleet Street Publications (Pty) Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in South Africa and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Contain any material that could have the effect of manipulating the market value of any investment, or which is price sensitive and is not in the public domain.
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Fleet Street Publications if this is not the case.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual, or contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- By submitting a Contribution to the Board, you agree to grant Fleet Street Publications a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, Fleet Street Publications will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, delete, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. Fleet Street Publications may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
- Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards above, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution, you are warranting that you have the right to grant Fleet Street Publications the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
- If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to Fleet Street Publications, please do not submit the Contribution.
- No Warranties
Breach of these Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Board.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Board.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, all claims, demands and administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Board, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section "Breach of these Rules").
Changes to these Rules
- We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.